What is Re-Targeting and How Does it Work?
Retargeting, also known as remarketing, is a form of online advertising that can help you keep your brand in front of bounced traffic after they leave your website. For most websites, only 2% of web traffic converts on the first visit. Retargeting is a tool designed to help companies reach back out to the other 98% of users who don’t convert right away.
Here’s how it works: you place a small, unobtrusive piece of code on your website (this code is sometimes referred to as a pixel). The code, or pixel, is unnoticeable to your site visitors and won’t affect your site’s performance. Every time a new visitor comes to your site, the code drops an anonymous browser cookie. Later, when your site's visitors browse the Web, the cookie will let your retargeting provider know when to serve ads, ensuring that these particular ads are served to only to people who have previously visited your site.
See Your Ads on Every Major Network.
Not all retargeting campaigns are created equal. Avoid the top pitfalls that most businesses make. DriftLeads can help!
Retargeted Ads turn your website into a marketing machine...
For most websites, only 2% of their traffic actually takes the desired action before leaving the site. After everything it took to get them to the site, they just leave.